“Straight Arrow Products, Inc. (Makers of the Original Mane ‘n Tail [Personal Care, Equine, and Conceived by Nature])”
Online Entry Only
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook.
1. Eligibility. The Straight Arrow Products, Inc. (makers of the Original Mane ‘n Tail [Personal Care, Equine, and Conceived by Nature]) Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees, contractors and directors of Straight Arrow Products, Inc. (“Sponsor”), or any other party involved in this Sweepstakes in any way, and any of their parents and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children), regardless where they reside, and household members of each such employees are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Please note we can ONLY accept entrants from the United States or Canada. Although we appreciate interest from other countries, at this time we are unable to accommodate those entries.
2. Timing. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 12, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on July 25, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). For the purposes of this Sweepstakes a day (“Day”) is defined as a calendar day beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter. At any time during the Entry Period, you can enter if you have an active Facebook account. You can enter at Sponsor’s Facebook page located at: https://www.facebook.com/ManeNTailPersonal; https://www.facebook.com/ManenTailEquine; https://www.facebook.com/ConceivedbyNature; and click on the “Like” tab and then click the tab to access the Sweepstakes application page. Enter as directed online and vote for ___________________. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 pm ET on July 25, 2014.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof that he/she is authorized account holder.
4. Potential Winners Selection. Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on or about November 30, 2013 to select five (5) potential winners (each a “Potential Winner”, collectively “Potential Winners”) from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. By entering, you grant permission to be contacted by Sponsor via email or telephone in connection with the Sweepstakes. You must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A Potential Winner is not an official winner (“Official Winner”) until Potential Winner’s eligibility has been verified and Potential Winner has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
5. Verification of Potential Winners. Each Potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) (collectively an “Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date of the notice. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, or he/she refuses his/her prize for any reason, Potential Winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing.
6. Prize (5)/Odds. Each Official Winner will receive Sponsor selected Straight Arrow Products, Inc. valued at _____________ ($00.00) as available at the time of winner selection. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Official Winner is responsible for all (if any) federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with a prize. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, your acceptance of a prize in the Sweepstakes constitutes your consent for Sponsor to use your name, likeness, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, without further payment or consideration.
8. Release. By receipt of any prize, you agree to indemnify Sponsor and Facebook and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising, agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parents and affiliate companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims or causes of action of any kind, that Released Parties may incur in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Sweepstakes or from your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes.
9. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. No more than the stated number of prizes in these official rules will be awarded. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
10. WARNING: Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limited Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, by printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related matter or materials; or (5) any injury or damage to you or to other persons or property which may be caused from your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or your downloading of any materials related to this Sweepstakes. If for any reason your Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes.
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited, by participating, you agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Court; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
14. Winner List. For a copy of these Official Rules or a winner list, send a self addressed stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to “Straight Arrow Products, Inc. Sweepstakes” c/o Straight Arrow Products, Inc., 2020 Highland Avenue Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020. Official Rules will be made available for 30 days following the end of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor: Straight Arrow Products, Inc., 2020 Highland Avenue Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020.
Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Subject to Official Rules. Ends July 25, 2014. To Enter and for Official Rules, go to www.straightarrowinc.com. Sponsor: Straight Arrow Products, Inc., 2020 Highland Avenue Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020.
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Subject to Official Rules available at www.straightarrowinc.com. Void where prohibited by law. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US who are 18 or older (except 19 in AL and NE, 21 in MS) at the time of entry. Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:01 am ET on June 12, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on July 25, 2014. For a list of winners send a self addressed stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to “Straight Arrow Products, Inc. Sweepstakes” c/o____________. Sponsor: Straight Arrow Products, Inc., 2020 Highland Avenue Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020.