Excellent opportunity for full-time, forklift work in the Bethlehem plant/warehouse of a leader in the manufacture of personal care products. Potential candidates must be team players and detail oriented with demonstrated deep-reach fork lift experience. Additional requirements include the ability to pass a drug and background screening. Complete credentials include warehouse computer skills and experience with FedEx and/or UPS shipping. Must be a quick learner and able to communicate effectively. The ability to read and understand English is required as is the availability to work overtime when it is scheduled. All work is performed on a shift which is scheduled from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Safely and accurately loading and unloading of product. This includes ensuring that truck tires are chocked.
- Ensuring that information is exchanged between dock and office staff concerning all inbound and outbound shipments.
- Working with supervisor to research discrepancies between the inventory count and shipping documents.
- Adhering to safe forklift operation procedures.
- Ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Reporting quality variances to supervisor.
- Pulling and preparing product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Efficiently and safely move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Keeping appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required.
- Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other plant/warehouse positions. Assist as required. Act as back-up at times of absence or vacation.
- Maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Attaching identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
To be selected candidates will have:
- One (1) plus years of experience operating a forklift preferred
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. frequently
- Manual dexterity
- Good judgment
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to add, subtract, and
- Ability to read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs
Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets BENEFITS:
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life, EAP, FSA, HRA, and disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Quarterly bonus
- An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Straight Arrow is a drug-free workplace