Are you an experienced Maintenance Technician seeking a company that values the contributions of their employees? Straight Arrow, whose Mane ‘n Tail line of skin and haircare products has a unique crossover niche that appeals to both people and equine use, is seeking a self-starter who is focused on helping us keep our production lines running safely, smoothly and efficiently.
In this role you will work with our Maintenance team keeping our buildings clean and maintained to ensure a safe working environment for all. If you are independent, organized, and safety focused this is the opportunity for you! Apply today!
About Us and What we Offer You
Founded in 1970, Straight Arrow has grown to be leading brand in the human and equine personal and skin care space. Despite worldwide recognition, Straight Arrow has never lost its family-oriented, grassroots mindset dedicated to innovation and customer service. At Straight Arrow, employees are never seen as a number and your contributions are valued every day!
We show appreciation through the following programs:
- Generous medical benefits
- Generous paid time off (including discretionary paid days off designated by the President)
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided safety shoes and PPE
- Daily checks of equipment and building systems, diagnose and repair as needed
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of work space
- General building maintenance such as painting, carpentry, lighting, plumbing, and snow removal
- Enter and update information in maintenance management software
- Schedule annual inspections of equipment and systems
- Assist the maintenance team in the manufacturing areas as required
- Follow all safety processes and procedures
- Schedule: Available Monday- Friday, 6:00am- 2:30pm with some required overtime and on call responsibilities
- Travel: Able to travel between Bethlehem and Easton facilities with occasional additional local travel as needed
- Physical Requirements: Ability to climb, balance, walk, stoop, crawl and maneuver in and around equipment. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. and move up to 100+ lbs. with assistance
- Work environment: Exposure to moving mechanical parts and various weather conditions. Occasional exposure to high, precarious places, fumes or chemicals, and moderate to loud noise level
- 3-5 years experience with diagnosis and repair of production and building systems such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, boilers, chillers, RODI system, motors and pumps, batching equipment, fire and security alarms, plumbing, and electrical
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, schematics, and repair manuals
- Experience with common tools, precision measuring instruments, and electronic testing devices
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Good computer skills with the ability to learn new systems and programs
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or on a team to complete assignments within specified timelines
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE NOTE – To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary history and/or requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.