Job Title : Pre-Weigher
Location : Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Start Date : ASAP
Job Type : Full Time
Compensation: Determined by experience and skill level
We are growing! With new manufacturing facilities under construction, this is the time to join Straight Arrow Products, Inc. For forty-five years it has been providing exclusive hair and skin care products renowned for quality and performance in both the Equestrian and Human markets. We’ve honed our roots by initially producing under the brand names Mane ‘n Tail®, Hoofmaker®, and Mineral Ice®. Naturally expanding to accommodate humans as the equestrian audience discovered a valuable ‘secret’, that the products they were using on their horses, created remarkable results when used on them, as well. Straight Arrow continues to manufacture all of its own products right here in the USA, adhering to strict quality assurances, guidelines and consistently meeting that same performance standard.
Our credo is to “Satisfy the Customer” which has been our company’s tradition from day one. Straight Arrow presently sells its products in over 150,000 locations throughout North America and internationally.
Excellent opportunity for full-time, pre-weigh work in Bethlehem. This employer manufactures liquid and cream personal care products. The pre-weigher must comply with company policies and procedures; quality standards; Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as well as safety regulations. The successful candidate will be a detail oriented team player with 1 year of related experience and a high school diploma or (GED) and must be able to pass a drug and background screening. A pre-weigher must be a quick learner and able to speak and write clearly in English. The ability to read and understand English is also required as is the availability to work overtime when it is scheduled.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All work is performed on a shift that is scheduled from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Weighs quantities of materials for use in batching processes by performing the following duties.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Places loose or packaged material on scales and adds or removes portions of material to obtain specified weight.
- Reads pre-weigh sheets to determine types and quantities of materials to weigh.
- Records weight and lot number of materials used for batching purposes, or maintains perpetual inventory of materials used and on hand.
- Transfers weighed materials to batching or storage areas.
- Sorts weighed materials into designated drums or containers, according to weight or type.
- Must understand and follow all SOP’s.
- Maintains batch sequence log and only the most current revision of batch records.
- Batches product using and following the Batch Process Instruction Sheet in compliance with Good Manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for sampling of all new chemicals and accurate recordkeeping of results.
- Cleans and sanitizes all work area and equipment in and around the batching and pre-weigh rooms and maintains a clean work environment.
Reply with RESUME
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V