Job Title : Industrial Machinery Mechanic
Location : Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Start Date : ASAP
Job Type : Full Time
This position is responsible for repair, installation, adjustment, or maintenance of industrial
production and processing machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all production lines/equipment is set up and operable prior to each production day (start-up, set-up, and changeover).
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of batching equipment and all other warehouse equipment including HVAV units, boiler equipment, hot boxes and etc.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Oversee and test the operation of machinery to diagnose malfunctions.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Maintain all equipment, minimize downtime, perform and record all activities as required by the M&R preventative and predictive programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment issues.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical manuals and schematics.
- Follow companies Good Manufacturing Practices and all other quality programs as they relate to the maintenance department.
- Identify potential problems/projects/improvements which will maximize production efficiencies and reduce downtime.
- Complete work orders, down time reports, and any other reports as they relate to maintenance.
- Use equipment such as hand tools, power tools, welders, electrical test equipment, PLC interface, diagnostic equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment when required
- Responsible for ensuring work area is clean and organized
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strictly adhere to all safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Passing of background and drug screens.
A desire to succeed and good work ethics are required.
Excellent oral and written skills.
High-energy, flexible, self-starter, hands on, comfortable with little or no administrative
Attention to detail and adapt to different and/or changing situations as they arise.
Dependability, always on time.
Team player with a sense of urgency and a self-accountability mentality.
College degree is preferred.
4 years’ experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and Skills
Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude, excellent math skills, basic computer skills, experience with PC and PLC driven components.
Certifications and/or skills in electrical, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, fabrication, or experience with using Rockwell or Allen Bradley software is preferred.
None as part of normal job requirements.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
100% of work is performed in a manufacturing facility which is not climate controlled.
Ability to lift as least 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: April 6, 2016
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V