Job Title : Facilities Maintenance Technician
Location : Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Start Date : ASAP
Job Type : Full Time
The Facilities Maintenance position will provide maintenance service to the Company’s properties within the Lehigh Valley. This position is responsible for assuring all work assignments are complete as assigned in the areas of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, equipment repair, and general maintenance.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area and equipment, and adhere to all company safety measures.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures regarding safety and environmental control.
- Maintains lighting by installing and repairing wiring and fixtures.
- Secures building and occupants by maintaining alarm and fire protection devices.
- Maintains non-production equipment by installing and repairing related and backup equipment and systems.
- Keeps equipment, systems, and building ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Other duties as assigned in the following areas:
- Carpentry: Framing and finishing repair and/or replace drywall, door installation, adjustments, lockset installation, millwork installation and manufacture, shelving and furniture assembly, Use of hand tools and power tools.
- Electrical: Troubleshooting and the use of diagnostic meters, general safety knowledge for basic electrical repairs, interior and exterior ballast changes, replacement of batteries, fixtures and motors.
- Plumbing: Trap cleaning and replacement, troubleshooting, valve replacement, fixture repair, toilet installation and repair, ADA compliance.
•1 to 5 years previous experience in a commercial setting required
•Knowledge of IBC International Building Code a plus
•Technical vocational or on the job training a plus
•Prior commercial HVAC experience highly desired
•Minimum three years’ experience in general maintenance, plumbing and electrical
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
•Ability to read and understand floor plans, electrical and mechanical drawings
•Basic understanding of construction processes
•Basic wiring code knowledge preferred
•Organizational and communication skills, recordkeeping
•General compliance knowledge as it relates to a healthcare organization
•Ability to travel to all property locations throughout the Lehigh Valley as needed
•Valid driver’s license
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V